Follow us on Facebook

Thursday, February 16, 2012

motivation from the naysayers

I've had an interesting day.....

To start, I woke up early (in comparison to my norm), and in a good mood! I was so pumped that I did a little mini-workout (aka ran up and down the stairs while listening to music) just for the sake of my 'good mood.'

While sipping on my coffee, I went through some emails and had a great business call that I think added to the goodness of my day and excitement about my charity work. Anywho, I got my little body to work where I just so happened to have a convo with a co-worker about almost the same thing I focused this week's AlphabetChallenge post on.

It was pretty much about the fact that persons are so selfish and unwilling to lend a helping hand, even when it'll take just about nothing from them to do it.

From there I really started to see things manifest....

I saw a few persons I had gone to school with. As usual there was that 'what are you up to now' conversation and after hearing about my interests in charity work and my foundation, they seemed a bit confused and I could tell they were questioning why I would work on giving to others instead of trying to get my own dough.

I smiled it off as usual and explained that I want to help because I see a genuine need. This didn't get much of anything more than a slightly condescending 'good luck with that.'


They say God connects you to the right people at the right time...I believe it.

Little after all that happened, I saw an email from someone applauding my plans and projects and wanting to know more about what they could do to help. This really made me smile and reminded me about the good morning I had, and the fact that a few naysayers really shouldn't deter a person and their dreams.


Based on that one afternoon email, I now have even more planning to get done! This means more proposals, more emails and calls and more organising.....but most importantly....it means more opportunities for my charity and myself.

So while I do my thing, and the naysayers keep talking...feel free to watch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment