Follow us on Facebook

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

my love for the Devon House Bakery

I'll admit...I have a weakness for dessert! So having a bakery so close to home is like a daily temptation.

Initially to be honest, I didn't love much about the Devon House Bakery (called Brick Oven at that time), but then I believe they changed management and from there the place became a little pocket of greatness. =]

The star of the bakery I think is their patties. Although it costs a bit more than the average patty, It has lots more meat making it a lot tastier, more filling and definitely worth every dollar.

patty from Devon House Bakery
I personally love the fish, shrimp and lobster patties. I'm generally not a fan of beef and chicken so I've had neither, but based on my sister's review: they're good too.

In addition to the great patties, of course there's a case full of different pastries and a cooler full of various beverages. While I've just about had a taste of everything in the showcase, I ca say for sure that the stand out pastries for me are the turnovers and the toto (a Jamaican coconut cake almost).

The cookies, cakes and danishes are good too, and their cinnamon roll drizzled with a little icing sugar is the perfect compliment for morning coffee!

Newho, while the bakery is all lovely and stuff, be sure to enjoy other things on the property. Indulge in the Devon House ice cream (which is the 4th best place in the world to eat ice-cream), have sip of wine at Bin26, check out the shops and to take a tour of the great house (which has a pretty cool story behind it).

Now after writing this I'm hungry.....so off to find lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment