Follow us on Facebook

Friday, February 24, 2012

blooming excited

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!

This week I got the final logo for my charity....and I love it! I'm glad to have talented friends who can understand what I mean when I say 'you know....something like that and this together.' lol

I've got a million thanks to my friend Lauren who did the logo for me although just for kicks she had me waiting for ages! hmph

Anywho....here it is!

Graphics by: Lauren Watkis

For copyright reasons (among others) I'll only be releasing this copy; but get acquainted with the logo because hopefully by May we'll be all over the place working to have scholarships available for the 2012/2013 academic year!

Oh and you can check out more of Lauren's work at www.behance.net/laurenwatkis

But....you're probably wondering what the foundation is all about....

Bloom Foundation for Education is a non-profit organization that aims to improve the educational opportunities available to special needs students in Jamaica. Currently we are working with the Jamaica Association for the Deaf to make student scholarships available for the 2012/2013 academic year, and to complete special projects to improve the facilities available at their various Deaf schools. 

As the foundation grows, we hope to provide additional services and opportunities including mentorship; as well as to work with other special needs groups. For now though, we are working closely with two Deaf schools in Papine, St Andrew and will be focusing on getting donors and sponsors to help alleviate the financial strain that many parents face.

So there's the basic idea of it all. We are now looking for volunteers and sponsors to come on board and be a part of the team, so feel free to contact me if you want to learn more about the Bloom Foundation for Education.

Look out for more blooming updates...especially the Coffee For Charity campaign. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment