Follow us on Facebook

Monday, February 13, 2012

Joyful Noise better than expected

Last week my hunny and I decided to go watch a movie.

At first I thought we were going to end up watching one of those action movies where stuff blow up and all that jazz. But on the way there, I tried to get my word in about watching Joyful Noise and he really wasn't very interested.......



I guess when we got there he had a change of heart and I got my movie! (I know of course that next time it's gonna be 'his pick' but I'm cool with that)

Anywho!

The movie is based in the usual small town where things are just 'so and so' because of hard times. They all have hopes that a local choir would be their saving grace by winning a national competition (the National Joyful Noise Competition of course).

I refuse to give out all the details of the movie but I will mention that the actors selected for the respective roles did quite well and that the directors did a great job at the scenes and music selections. There really was a mix of different things happening in the movie...a little romance, hope, family and community. The only thing it didn't have was that constant naysayer that usually comes in movies like this.

For me I really did enjoy the movie...my boyfriend at one point in the beginning said "this is like a musical....there's a song every few scenes." I merely laughed because I know he only said that because he wasn't too into the movie yet....I did remind him though that the movie is about a choir. lol

Anywho, the hunny and I did read some reviews before seeing the film and many persons mentioned that the music seemed 'off' to them and that because of the different sounds they couldn't see a niche market for the movie. I couldn't relate...probably because I grew up listening to both gospel and contemporary/secular music and I enjoy them both. I have always had an appreciation for different genres of music and I am one of those persons who think that contemporary gospel is really not a bad thing.

I think a music lover will enjoy it....the R&B, pop, gospel fusion is a nice little mix especially with those popular songs into it. Many persons say they'll wait until it comes out on tv to see it, but I think if you can check it out in theatres you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment