Follow us on Facebook

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I: in my best interest

AlphabetChallenge

One of my goals for 2012 was 'self-improvement.' It really is a very broad area but in my opinion there's nothing wrong with that, because the specifics of it all will change overtime. The overall plan is to work on me so that I can get closer to my own goals and dreams.

2011 ended with the closing of one chapter and honestly there was no clear chapter that followed. I finished my undergraduate degree but didn't jump right into my graduate programme because I know I have a number of things to sort out (including short courses to complete and GRE studying to get done) before I'm ready for grad school.

During this period of sorting stuff out for school....I think it's the perfect time to fine-tune some 'me-ness.'

This means cutting some bad habits, improving the good habits, building some new habits, and as my lecturer once put it 'preparing to leave the nest.' Most of all it means taking in only positive people and situations so that I can be the best me I can be.

Vexation of spirit is a waste of time,
Negative thinking don't you waste your thoughts,
Verbal conflicts is a waste of words,
Physical conflict is a waste of flesh,
People will always be who they want,
And that's what really makes the world go round
      - There for You by Damien Marley

This may mean winning and losing some things, but I'm for whatever will build me up and not tear me down.

Toodles, I'll be busy unleashing my inner awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment