Follow us on Facebook

Sunday, March 11, 2012

#TeamTal :: so proud!

I'm so uber proud of my tweetums Talia Soares who did so well this weekend at Miss UWI 2012.

Miss UWI 2012 Sanneta Myrie (centre) with first runner-up Talia Soares (left) and second runner-up Danielle Morrison (right). (photo by Brian Rosen Photography)

I remember when she first mentioned she was entering and said:

Kim I'm gonna need your help you know? Serious serious!

Of course I responded with a resounding "no problem" because I do love pageants, and I like helping other ladies prepare for them.

Overtime I got those random bbm's with questions and concerns and although Tal thought she was bugging me....I smiled at almost every one of them knowing that she honestly wanted to win.

After months of preparation, throwing nerves out the door and letting out more of her bubbly personality, Talia placed 2nd at the coronation (1st Runner-up) and took home the two most meaningful sectional prizes - Miss Congeniality and Miss Beauty with a Purpose. Both awards proved that she has shown her true colours and they have been acknowledged.

Talia answering her top 5 question (photo by Campus Beat Online)

Her confidence and stage presence spoke volumes, but seeing her perform her talent piece that we both worked so hard on, that was when I felt most proud.

Talia during her talent piece titled 'Reggae Journey.' (photo by Campus Beat Online)

I really am very proud of her and I know that this was an amazing opportunity for her and that there's lots more in store for her!

Congratulations too to Miss UWI 2012 Sanneta Myrie and second runner up Danielle Morrison. Check out the Miss UWI 2012 Facebook page for more photos and info from the event.

Also remember that to keep on the look out for more from Talia...especially since she'll be working with me as a part of the Bloom Foundation for Education team!

2 comments:

  1. Sooo i said let me fast and come on this thing and when i came on i said aloud 'woowee.. U kno kim is amazing.. i wanna be like her when i grow up' (Always doing something lol)... thheeenn i saw this .. and best believe i cried... Kimmy made me cry *covers face*.. honestly absolutely touched.

    Sighs ..=] =] Thanks Kimmmyy! i appreciate everything! and without u and ofcourse my mother's help lol.. i couldnt have done it . So Thank you and i am more than grateful ..For all the things the competition has brought .. but more importantly a closer friend ..which is U *hug* =]

    Signed: Tal =]

    ReplyDelete