Follow us on Facebook

Saturday, February 4, 2012

1 year later....

Feburary 3rd (yesterday) marked exactly one year since I've been working with HYPE Tv as a host.

*yay me*

Currently I host the entertainment news feature - HYPE 411; everyday at 9pm. I've also hosted the weekly review show - Best of HYPE (BOH); and the weekly video top ten countdown - VTX. In addition, In addition to that, I've also host other pre-recorded shows for parties and events like Fun in the Son, Reggae Sumfest and Caribbean Fashion Week.

I'm slowly getting into live broadcasts and so far I've done their live show - Up&Live, a few times. =]

The experience has honestly taught me a lot about television production and media overall. I've gotten the chance to work with an amazing group of people who each have their own individual talents which just make them totally awesome.

I remember my first shoot at the Bob Marley Museum. Dressed in green and black (for Black History and Reggae Month) I was hosting VTX and got a script that kinda blew me away with the amount of information on it. lol

I distinctly remember the producer telling me to relax my face and be more cognizant of my facial expressions (particularly when I thought I messed up). Then of course I was always trying to ensure that 'my better side' was caught by the camera, and that I wasn't speaking too fast.

I think I've grown a lot since then. I'm more aware of my voice and some of the little particulars about it. I think I also better understand my facial expressions and can tweek them to fit a mood I may not even be in. lol But in the world of media I think that's perfectly acceptable....right?

Anywho, I've embedded videos from the HYPE Tv YouTube page showing cuts from two of my recent shows.

HYPE 411 - Feb 1, 2012


HYPE BOH - Dec 23, 2011


Of course what's there isn't all that aired so you'll have to check out www.hypetvjam.com or watch it on the tele to see it all.

Be sure to check out everything on HYPE Tv and to check me out on HYPE 411 every night!

No comments:

Post a Comment