Follow us on Facebook

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

someone asked for music?!

For some time now my international friends on Facebook & Twitter have been asking me to hook them up with some good dancehall music.

Ironically, although I live here in Jamaica and work for a local entertainment television station I'm not that into dancehall music. I follow it and I know what's new but I cant say I have much new music on my computer because I only get copies of the songs I really like.

Anywho, after about a 6month wait, one of my best friends who goes by the name DJ Keemy finally decided to make a mixtape entitled Culture Shock volume 1.............*at this point the heavens open and marvel at the fact that I finally get a new mixtape from him*.

On the bright side, it was a damn good compilation!

Initially, he sent out the dancehall and hip hop mixes individually but now they've been fused to make one major mixtape. The dancehall part of the mix is kinda short (which I've still got an issue with) he kept it current and high energy from start to finish. So at least you feel all party ready after you hear it. With the hip hop mix it's longer than the dancehall bit and stays true to a hip hop mix with only some R&B and a few hip hop/dancehall fusions.

All in all, for a DJ who isn't 'mainstream' it's a really good compilation, especially since quite a few other DJ's who are mainstream have really lame mixtapes....but that's another post!

I know there are some people now who think I'm just saying it's a good mixtape because the DJ is my friend.....but I beg to differ. Of course you still won't believe that I genuinely think that it's a good mixtape, regardless of the fact that he's my friend. Interestingly enough, you won't be able to agree or disagree unless you download the mixtape....so I think it's best you just download ;)

Now let me warn you loves.....the mixes aren't censored so the lyrical content of some songs isn't for an under 18 crowd. Don't be acting all shocked when you hear certain words.....because I did warn you!

You can download the mixtapes here. I promise it'll help to satisfy the music need loves.

Im outie!

No comments:

Post a Comment