Follow us on Facebook

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

full house ramen noodle soup

When serious hunger strikes I usually resort to cooking anything I find in the kitchen.

My most recent creation was with the 'ultimate college student meal' - ramen noodles. I'm not the biggest fan of ramen though, because I think that even with the seasoning they give you....it's just tasteless. So usually if I make it I add my own seasoning to it (like garlic and onion powder, parsley and basil).

This time around I really wanted a hearty soup.....so of course I had to find a way to make the basic soup more interesting and find ingredients that would make it more filling than merely noodles and broth.

So I went on a mini hunt around the kitchen hoping to find ingredients that would give the soup some life. After about 5minutes I found:
          - carrots
          -a quarter of roasted chicken
          - flour

At this point the most logical thing to do was to cut up the carrots and the chicken, and to make dumplings (flour, salt, seasoning and water) for the soup....and that's exactly what I did. To try and make the broth taste the same as the chicken I cut the chicken into pieces and boiled it for a while with the other seasoning before putting the noodles and dumplings in. Of course since the dumplings would take a longer time to cook than the two minute noodles I had to put the dumplings in before I added the noodles.

It took about 45minutes max for preparation and to cook the meal (of course I was watching tv in between so I'm not 100% sure of the time.) As it relates to serving size, I was cooking for two and since my sister had already eaten by the time I was done....I ate it in two sittings. Anywho, I call this my full house ramen noodle soup here's the 'recipe'....or as close to a recipe as I could get:
Ingredients:
- 1pack ramen noodles
- quarter of roasted chicken
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups water
- pinch of salt
- preferred seasoning (or lame ramen seasoning)

Process:
1. cut up the roasted chicken and place it in a pot with the water and seasoning
2. while allowing pot to come to a boil, make dumplings and place them into pot
3. when water comes to a boil add ramen noodles
4. add more seasoning to taste if necessarily
Kim's full house ramen noodle soup....let's ignore the fact that the bowl is kinda messy
 By the way...yes...I love herbs! lol (hence the hundreds of parsley and basil bits in the soup)

Hope you get yours to taste as delish as mine...

1 comment:

  1. Big up mi fren u can cook...recipe book. Do ur thing Kim.

    ReplyDelete