Follow us on Facebook

Saturday, December 17, 2011

pretty glitter fingers!

I'm usually very simple when it comes to nail polish colours and designs. As a matter of fact, I rarely go for designs unless I get my nails done with acrylic tips.....and even then I only go for french tips.

Overall I'm not the biggest fan of acrylic anyway because all it does is damage my already thin nails. So, I've been doing my best to give my nails some love and keep them all neat and girly. Problem is, I get tired of seeing them looking the same way for too long, and it's the worst thing ever when the polish starts chipping. My solution is to change my nail colour every week, or to not bother to apply polish at all.

But! I was feeling so darn festive that I kinda got way with myself yesterday. My little sister (who usually only wants something when you have/need it) wanted me to do her nails. As usual, I did the two coats of polish and then noticed the super fine gold glitter on my night stand.

And of course I decided to add a little sparkle to her tips. =D

There were a number of trial and errors because at one point the glitter looked odd with the colour polish; and at other times she just wouldn't keep still!

Anywho, I made a French tip stencil out of a piece of wax paper and pressed it against her dried nail. Using clear polish as my adhesive, I brushed a little onto her tips, and then sprinkled glitter onto the clear polish. Finishing it off, I allowed it to dry and did another layer of clear polish over the entire nail.

The final product: ten pretty glitter fingers! (although she was so impatient and wouldn't wait and have me clean them up)


I know she's like me and will get tired of them in no time, so I figure that in a few days her nails will go back to blah......maybe I'll do this on my own nails for my night out on New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment