Follow us on Facebook

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

the skinny about my 'diet'

Just about every time I talk about food, I get one of two statements from persons:

'shouldn't you be on a model/pageant girl diet?'
At that point I usually think about the belief that 'skinny people usually eat a lot'....then I think 'but I'm really not that skinny though..am I?'

'you love food so much! I'd love to know how you stay so skinny'
This one usually makes me giggle....because I do love food, especially desserts! And there really isn't much going around that lol


How the 'diet' thing works
I've decided that I'll be the one to tell persons that there isn't anything known as a 'model/pageant girl diet.' What it is, is a diet........just a diet.....which is pretty much a word used to define the kinds of food you habitually eat. The difference, is that usually the diet that a model/pageant girl is on, is tailored to fit her individual needs.

The second thing I'll share: I don't live on a special fancy diet! Instead there are just foods I eat in abundance, those I eat in moderation, those I rarely eat, and of course the ones I avoid completely. In other words....I eat just like everybody else....just in the proportions that best suit my needs.


The 'Kim-Issa diet'
What's kinda funny is that contrary to what many people think, I've generally had this diet for ages. Long before I considered modelling or pageantry, I maintained a fairly healthy diet for my own health and now having more reason to do it kinda works as motivation. =]

The first thing to note about my diet is that it takes into consideration the fact that I'm allergic to spicy peppers and pineapples....that of course only makes sense (duh kim...why would you eat foods that would make you sick?).

The next thing is that I generally keep the 'bad foods' out! Fast foods, sauces, greasy snacks, salty foods, and all that jazz are at a minimum. For me water is the only drink that matters; and sodas/juices are minimal or non-existent, and usually replaced with cold green tea.

I eat two or three times a day (depending on how hectic my days are) and I tend to snack a lot. Generally though my snacks are granola bars, dry cereal, nuts of some kind, or what I consider 'simple prep foods' like crackers and tuna.

Besides all the healthy stuff, I do eat the not so healthy stuff sometimes and I do indulge in the world of desserts (and then possibly feel guilty depending on how much I indulged). The key trick here though is moderation. There's no need to have dessert with every meal, or even pastry every day. Build up some self control and stick to treating yourself every now and again.

Swimsuit parade for Miss Jamaica Universe '10

So there you have it....my 'diet'. Now in my opinion, no diet is going to be perfect, but you just have to alter your eating habits so it's healthier and better suited to fit the needs of your lifestyle. Also be sure to consider diseases that run in your family and start eating habits that reduce the possibility of you being affected.

Working out makes the healthy diet all the more worth it, so joining a gym or finding some at home fitness plans are always a plus.

All in all loves, watch what you eat and remember that your health is your business!

No comments:

Post a Comment