Follow us on Facebook

Thursday, December 15, 2011

goodbye heat!

Once upon a time there was a girl who couldn't bother blowdrying her hair....as a matter of fact, she couldn't bother flat ironing it either.

After getting her hair all clean she looked at those 'heated hair appliances' and decided.....'I shall be ending our relationship for a while!'

To be honest I felt a bit liberated and started thinking about all the time, electricity and frustrating moments that I'll be saving! lol Then I remembered that without those appliances, my hair will be curly all the time.....which means my hair will be more tangled...........

I'm pretty simple when it comes to my hair and I usually prefer to have it in a way that's easy to style. More often than not, that means straightened hair.

Oh well!

I know my hair needs a break from the dryer, flat iron and curling iron. Although they make my hair all silky smooth and easy to manage, they do bring on the split ends and the breaking and depending on how often it's done this could mean more dates with the hairdresser's clippers! (and if you know me you would understand just how emotional cutting my hair can be)

It's hard to imagine that for the next few weeks (maybe even months) I'll be anti-heat, but I think this is a pretty good move for me. I tend to avoid my curly hair because my delicate scalp cannot manage the tangles at all! Usually I rock it all curly for a day or two and then wash it and set it to dry and get it straight.

Hopefully though, this 'anti-heat movement' helps to make me more comfortable with the way my hair is naturally. Depending on how long I keep this up, this may even save me on those heat treatment hair products, and overtime maybe I'll even figure out some fancy trick to better manage my hair in it's natural state. 

For now I'll just leave it here: this is my natural look....so I'll see how long I can keep this up.

no make-up on my face, no heat to my hair (webcam pic)

No comments:

Post a Comment