Follow us on Facebook

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

yup! Jamaican born and raised

I saw someone post this online today and I honestly first thought 'yea right.'


Of course then I clicked on the link and when I actually saw that the 3rd coolest nationality is Jamaican!

Woohoo!

I'll be honest and say that I do think that sometimes persons have the wrong impression of Jamaicans (like the fact that they believe we all have dreadlocks and call each other 'mon'); but I honestly am glad that there is positive attention given to my amazingly beautiful homeland.

If you don't believe me that Jamaica is a lot more than what you'll expect.....just ask one of the girls I met last year for the Miss Global International pageant. Those girls came here unsure of what to expect and in some cases worried because of what they heard before. But after spending just a week here......many of the global beauties had already started planning their next trip!

It is very comforting to know that although we do have our struggles and our problems, with music and a beautiful island we are so loved by persons around the world that we can rank as the overall third coolest nationality in the world.....which means we would be THE coolest nationality in the Caribbean. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment