Follow us on Facebook

Sunday, January 22, 2012

grilled cheese a la Kim

I enjoy trying different random stuff in the kitchen. Quite often I fiddle around with easy dishes to try and make them a bit more exciting.

Other food loves of mine are pasta, herbs and cheese! I guess in a sense I just described Italian food....and my love for it often makes me wonder if in the midst of my Jamaican, Irish and Scottish background....there's a hint of Italian in it. (I ain't complaining if there is lol)

So yes....months ago I decided to give my basic grilled cheese a boost...and I came up with 'my super-fantab grilled cheese.' It really is just grilled cheese with Italian herbs, but the herbs give it a different taste...which is just lovely for me. =]

Anywho, here's how it works....

Ingredients:
  • 2 slices of bread
  • Cheese
  • Herbs/spices (I choose my herb depending on my mood)
  • Knife 

Steps:
  1. If you're using more than one herb/spice you want to mix about half a teaspoon of each together first.
  2. Sprinkle about two pinches of the herb/spice mix onto the slices of bread. (Trust me when I tell you not to overdo it because the dried herbs carry a lot of flavour).
  3. Cut four 1/4 inch thick slices of cheese and put two slices on each piece of bread (be sure to place them so that when they melt you can spread the cheese easily).
  4. Pop it into the toaster oven or microwave for the desired amount of time (the length of time will really depend on your appliance).
  5. When the cheese is melted take the slices out and use a knife to spread the cheese across each slice of bread so that it covers the entire slice.
  6. Enjoy!


As usual I was too hungry to really care too much about the photo lol but I hope you get the general idea of it's greatness =]

Hope yours tastes as great as mine did!

No comments:

Post a Comment