Follow us on Facebook

Monday, January 2, 2012

A: a new perspective

AlphabetChallenge

Usually the beginning of the year brings out the smiles and excitement as I think about all the things I anticipate for the year ahead.

This year was a little different for me though. I had big plans for 2012, but circumstances made me have to push the plans back a little. So although this year I have no major plans set in stone, there is a lot of planning and organization that needs to get done to have everything ready for 2013.

This reminded me that life isn't going to always work by my '5-year-plan' and that sometimes things will happen before or after their expected date. To be honest I was frustrated when I realised things would be setback because as far as I was concerned 'that wasn't my plan.'

The more I thought about it, the more I realised that this setback was to give me the chance to look into my life and take 'the year of no major plans' as an opportunity for personal development, the rearranging of goals and a chance to build my relationship with God.

Then the new year started....and within two days there was a death in my circle. This has been the closest death I've experienced in about five or so years...and although I felt 'I can handle it when it happens,' I can surely say that the depth of emotions I have experienced were a bit unexpected.

As I try and come to terms with everything, I am reminded that each day you wake up, is a blessing....one that so many of us take for granted. Another thing I noticed is that I sometimes try so hard to be optimistic that I sometimes forget to be realistic. I was so convinced that I could handle it, that I forgot how hurt I was the last time death came so close to me.

I'm hopeful though, and I constantly remind myself that faith and prayer can help anyone get through a rough patch. 

I believe that as time passes this situation will help me and will help me get that new perspective for the new year. I strongly believe that 2012 is my year for personal development as I work towards my dreams.


What kind of year do you hope 2012 will be for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment