Follow us on Facebook

Saturday, March 23, 2013

happy birthday PrincessParis!

DISCLAIMER: It you aren't an animal lover...more specifically a dog lover then you will probably not even be able to almost understand this post.


Today (Saturday March 23rd) my Shih Tzu-Poodle 'Paris' is a year old (in human years)! Last year my boyfriend got her for me as a birthday gift and trust me...she is officially the best gift I've ever gotten!

 
I'll admit that she has gotten me to the point of frustration with the barking that I just cannot understand, but I love and treat her like a child...my own child.

I've had some amazing times with my Princess Paris, and to be honest, I've noticed that my dog has more personality than quite a few people I've met.

She came as a chocolate brown palm-sized 5lbs puppy....then after a few months and a few hair cuts she lost her full choco coat and is now an almost golden blonde (with hints of choco brown on her ears and tail)...oh and she's surely gained some weight....enough for the vet to tell me she may have thunder thighs! lol


On a serious note though, after a year with Princess Paris (everyone knows her by that name). I can 100% understand why therapists will suggest giving children a pet. Besides teaching responsibility, I've developed a greater respect for animals and how much care and love they need.

As a child I had pets, and I did appreciate them, but now that I'm older and really understand more about animal cruelty....I do believe there is a special place in hell for people who harm animals!

And for those who think having a pet is expensive....I don't agree....her expenses are a mere fraction of what I spend to survive in a month! Monthly I spend about $20 US for food; then every three months I spend $10 US on toys and treats, $10 US on vet costs, and $25 US to get her groomed (in between these grooming sessions I bathe and comb her at home). Besides these expenses I probably had a $100 US initial cost to get her a kennel, pillow, bowls, collars and leashes and all that. (the kennel was the biggest expense, but it's an iron kennel that can be taken apart for easy travelling.)

She may not be a pricey lil one, but she does need love...and while my schedule is hectic, there's oodles of love for her to get...from me, my parents and my lil sis!

Looking forward to more years with my superstar pooch!

No comments:

Post a Comment